I hope you’ve been adding these simple exercises to your daily routine. I know how much they will help you improve your posture and your overall wellness. If you’ve missed the other videos, you can find them here and here.
While the other exercises have been focused on your lower core muscles, this one is going to help you loosen up those tight muscles in your shoulders and get some real flexibility in your shoulder blades. If you will incorporate this movement with the other ones, you will start to see amazing results fast, including reduced headaches and tension.
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and bend your knees.
2. Put your right elbow against your right knee and then reach your right hand across to your left thigh. Make sure you have a firm pressure on the arm between your knees – this is the foundation of this exercise and will keep your stable.
3. Turn your face to the left and reach your left arm as far up as you can – with your hand extended, push your thumb as far to the right as you can. Hold that top position for a couple of seconds and bring it back down.
4. Repeat this motion five to ten times.
5. Reverse your arms and do the same motion with your right arm.
This exercise will open up your rib cage, release your neck and shoulders, and improve your golf game significantly.
It will also help you after a long day at the office. Before you walk out the door, free up that tension and enjoy the drive home. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t experience some shoulder tightness from time to time, so this is a great one to share.
“At the end of your feelings is NOTHING. At the end of your principles is a PROMISE.” — Eric Thomas